March 15, 2011

Earthquake relief


As a survivor of a 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Japan 4 years ago. I am deeply affected and traumatized by the events over the last couple of days. Myself living through a 6.8 earthquake was terrifying enough. So to think what an 8.8 scale quake is just horrifying. Even just 0.1 points in the scale intensifies the earthquake by 10 fold! Thinking what I've experienced but 200x worst just feels like I was punched in the gut.In the wake of all the devastating news over the past days, I've decided to pull together a fundraiser to send relief funds to the Canadian Red Cross benefitting those affected in Japan.

I will be doing different activities such as card making, Japanese calligraphy, origami and lots more. Come experience a funD day of Japanese craft while helping those in Japan.


Save the date! This event will take place on either March 26 or 27. Actual date, time, and venue is to be confirmed depending on the venue providers. Please stay tuned.

If you are interested in helping or donating to the event (all in-kind donations accepted for prizes too), please contact me: idacwchan@hotmail.com Pin It now!

No comments:

Post a Comment